GAJAR KA HALWA RECIPE
Jan 05, 2021
Gajar implies carrot in Hindi and Urdu, gajar halwa is all the more generally portrayed as carrot pudding embellished with nuts and dry natural products. You need new carrots, milk, sugar and ghee as primary fixings to make this halwa. On the off chance that you make halwa with milk, this pudding takes time to be prepared. So to diminish cooking time, I'm utilizing khoya in this formula. What's more, this is a similar technique utilized by most business cafés. Along these, this is additionally café/sweet shop style halwa.
|PREP TIME: 20 mins
||COOK TIME: 45 mins
||TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 5 mins
1 kg carrot, stripped and ground
- ¾ cup ghee, (explained margarine) (see notes)
- ¾ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ½ cup milk
- ¾-1 cup sugar, less or more to taste
- 2¼ cup khoya, disintegrated (250 grams)
- 2-3 tablespoon raisin
- ¼ cup blended nuts, for decorating; almond, pistachio, cashew
Step By Step :
- Stage 1: Wash and peel carrots. To peel, scratch the carrots with the edge of the knife to remove flimsy roots and almost no skin. (No compelling reason to utilize a peeler or remove a lot of skin).
Stage 2: Shred carrots. (You can likewise finely hack carrots in a food processor. It is anything but a generally utilized strategy, I don't suggest that.)
Stages 3: Warmth desi ghee or margarine in a pot or thick-based skillet and add cardamom powder, give it a blend.( You may use 3-4 whole cardamom yet squash it to open the skin for improved flavors.)
Stage 4: Next, goes in crushed carrots. Cover the pot and cook for 5-10 minutes until the carrots are soft.
Stage 5: The color of the carrot transforms, it is soft and shrinks in volume.
Stage 6: Add milk and sugar. The sugar will melt and there will be a lot of liquid in the pot. Cover the top and cook for 15-25 minutes on medium warmth till water dries. Keep mixing at an extends.
Stage 7: Now, the majority of the water has dried. You'll see some oil separating from the mixture now.
- Stage 8: At this stage, add half of the fragmented khoya and blend well.
Stage 9: Cook (bhunnofy) for 5-7 minutes till oil separates plentifully. Be cautious after this point as halwa can undoubtedly get overcooked in the wake of
adding khoya. So cook on low warmth or keep an iron/Tawa under your pot. Stay alert!
Stage 10: In a skillet, dry meal nuts until fresh.
Stage 11: Add remaining khoya, simmered nuts, and doused raisins to the pot. Cover cook for 5 minutes. Mix cautiously without over blending the khoya.
- Stage 12: You can spare a few nuts and khoya independently to decorate later on singular servings.
Soften the ghee in a thick-lined wok and add cardamom powder.
- By then add the crushed carrot. Cover and cook for 5 minutes on medium-high warmth till carrots are soft.
- Eliminate cover, cook for 15-20 minutes to consume excessive water, blending in the middle.
- At the exact time, add sugar and milk. The sugar will dissolve and get watery. Dry all water by cooking for 10 minutes. Continue mixing.
- At that point add half khoya and cook further for 7-10 minutes. At the point when you see ghee separates plentifully from sides of skillet. Add dry natural products, nuts and remaining khoya.
- Cover top and let it cook on low fire for 5 minutes. Gajar halwa is prepared.
Sugar: Carrots differ from district to locale so change sugar whenever required.
Khoya: Rather than khoya, you can use 3 cup of milk powder.
Ghee: You can decrease ghee up to ½ cup. I have made gajar halwa with vegetable oil as well. Taste varies a ton yet you can utilize it. You can moreover use unsalted margarine instead of ghee.
Follow Food of Pakistan for the Best Blogs and Recipes related to Traditional and famous foods of Pakistan.