Chicken Biryani Recipe
Feb 02, 2021
Chicken Biryani, a world-famous dish of mixed rice dishes with spices, meat and potatoes.It is a delicious chicken and rice dish that includes layers of chicken, rice and flavorings that are steamed together. In Pakistan, the city of Karachi is renowned for its Chicken Biryani and is considered to be Pakistan's traditional cuisine. It's not going to be wrong if we say that biryani is Pakistan's popular cuisine.
Follow this Recipe for the best Chicken Biryani !
PREP TIME: 20 mins
COOK TIME: 40 mins
TOTAL TIME: 1 hr
COURSE: Main Course
FOR CHICKEN :
- 1) 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2) 10 g Grated garlic
- 3) 10 g Grated ginger
- 4) 1 serrano chili peppers for taste
- 5) 5 g Chopped mint
- 6) 10 g cilantro (finely chopped )
- 7) 1 tbsp garam masala
- 8) ½ tbsp ground cinnamon
- 9) 1 tbsp salt
- 10) 700 g chicken pieces chest and thigh
FOR RICE :
- 1) 6 cup water
- 2)2½ tbsp salt
- 3) 5 Smashed pods green cardamom
- 4) 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 5) 1 bay leaf
- 6)3 cups of basmati rice
FOR ONIONS :
- 1) 2 tbsp ghee
- 2) 2 Medium thin sliced onions
FOR BIRYANI :
- 1) 1 cup reserved boiling liquid (from rice)
- 2) ½ tbsp saffron threads
- 3) cilantro (for garnish)
Step by Step Chicken Biryani Recipe :
- 1) To marinate chicken for biryani, mix vegetable oil, garlic, ginger, chili pepper, mint, cilantro, garam masala, cinnamon and salt in a big bowl and stir together. Add the chicken pieces and mix together to make sure the chicken is completely covered in the marinade. Leave chicken to marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- 2) In a pot large enough to accommodate the chicken in a single layer, add the ghee and the onions and fry the onions until they are well browned (10-15 minutes). Move the browned onion to a bowl and set aside.
- 3) While the onions crisp up, prepare the rice by washing under cold water in a strainer until the water is clear.
- 4) To avoid overcooking the rice, add the water, salt, cardamom, cumin and bay leaf to the pot and continue to cook. Add the rice and cook for 7 minutes. Drain the rice. Reserve 1 cup of the liquid.
- 5) Add the chicken in a single sheet, skin-side down in the pot having fried onions . Fry till golden brown on one side (about 5 minutes). Flip the chicken and fry the other side until golden brown. Move the chicken back to the bowl in which you marinated it.
- 6) To mix the biryani, add the saffron to the rice and mix it uniformly. Apply half the rice mixture to the bottom of the pot where the chicken was browned.
- 7) Cover the chicken with the rice in a single layer.
- 8) Cover with an even layer of fried onions.
- 9) Finish adding the Biryani together by placing the rest of the rice in an even layer.Cover the pot with a lid and place the pot on the flame over medium heat and set the timer for 20 minutes. When you see the steam leaking from the underside of the lid 10) Then turn off the heat.
- 11) Steam the biryani for more 10 minutes until its ready !
To Serve :
- Aim to serve so that you can get some good patches of yellow rice, white rice, curry stained rice and chicken (rather than all mixed up). Use a large spoon to do this and reach deep into the pot, and try to scoop up as much as you can in one pick.
- Serve hot with your favourite chutney or raita
Follow Food of Pakistan for the Best Blogs and Recipes related to Traditional and famous foods of Pakistan.